Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blonde Jokes


Q: Why did the blonde write “TGIF” on her shoes?
A: Toes Go In First




It is not funny;
it is degrading, humiliating, insensitive, crude, rude and obnoxious,       
and I did it because I received my self esteem by putting others down.
Racial, ethnic, crippled or blind, the jokes were designed
to make sure that you did not look at the true me.
I could not stand to look at the real me, how could I expect a stranger to like the person who did not fit in, who was not good enough, who was different, who had too many skeletons hiding in the closet.
The grandiose psyche, the pretend persona, the false façade, the good time Charlie who commanded the prime seat at the end of the bar and was the ring leader of all stupid conversations, the conversations that cured all of the ills in this world, and yet, I was still the loneliest person on this Earth.
Today, I no longer need to tell jokes.
God has shown me that the joke was on me.
The joke is I have a disease and I allowed my powerlessness over that disease to warp my conscious and unconscious thoughts, my self esteem and my perception of the world.
Today I no longer need to be lonely because there is a fellowship of other recovering alcoholics and addicts who support the true and honest me.
My God does not make any junk.
The road I traveled from drunk to recovered is my experience, strength and hope that I share with others who suffer from the same disease.
Today, if I follow the path of my loving Higher Power, the road is always paved with kindness and love and I know that God has a place for me to fit in, I am good enough to do His will, my uniqueness is not terminal, and the skeletons have been removed from the closet, by the grace of God.
No joke.
Laugh, love, dance, sing and enjoy life the way God meant it to be.
Happiness is helping someone help themselves.
Michael_e

No comments:

Post a Comment