Monday, July 11, 2011

Games People Play

Photo credit: Gail Ackerman


Hide and Seek,

find my emotions,

is a game

that some adults

refuse

to stop playing.                                                                            

Fear, you may learn too much about me if I let my emotions show.

Fear, you may use my emotional weaknesses to hurt me if I tell you too much about myself.

Fear, you may not like me if you know too much about my emotional personae.

So we'll play the game of you tell me one thing about you and I'll tell you one thing about me.

So we'll play the game that I'll say that I agree with you, even when I don't.

So we'll play the game of I'll tell you, only if you promise not to tell anyone else.

So eventually the fear, distrust and the lies are found out and the Game is Over,

no more friendship, no more relationship, no more marriage.

Grow up, stop playing games.

The rules of the game say that first you must know yourself.

There can be no two sets of rules, one for you and one for others.

Emotions and motives may only be positive: no fear, hate, distrust, jealousy, envy, spite

or other feelings which may harm you or others are allowed in the game.

Other important rules include:

No lying, No cheating, and No stealing.
(Unless it is stealing second base during the family picnic softball game.)

Lawyer language should not be needed to outline or detail the rules of engagement.

No disclaimers allowed.

Faith, hope, courage, kindness, and love are feelings the God has given man

to make this world a better place to live.

Misuse of these emotions violates the rules of God's game.

Be honest, obeying the rules of common decency is everyone's responsibility.

Be open minded, accept God's world as it is, not as you think it should be.

Be willing, change is a part of growing, some rules are made to be broken.

Have faith that those who do the will of a Higher Power are all winners in the game of life.

Happiness is helping someone help themselves.

ME and the Boss

No comments:

Post a Comment