Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bored

.

"Life is


never boring,


but some people


choose to be bored.

.

~ Wayne Dyer

.

Boredom is a disease of the mind and psyche, an insidious disease.

It not only takes the joy out of life, but the creativity as well.

No one of God's children should ever be bored with life.

Alcoholics and addicts tend to become bored very easily.

Alcoholics and addicts do not like who they are, they are never happy

with where they are and there is always someone to blame.

Because of the denial and the justification, the addict and the alcoholic are

always the last to know that they have a problem.

After all, I was drinking because I was bored.

I was bored so I went shopping.

I was bored so I stopped at McDonalds for a burger or two or three.

I get so excited when I'm at the gaming parlor.

One little pill will pick me up.

I never get bored when I'm having sex with someone other than my spouse.

The denials and justifications go on and on, one for every drink,

one for every drug and one for every occasion.

The debacle always begins with just one.

If you like who you are, and if you like where you are,

and if you mind your own business, you will never become bored.

It sounds like it is an easy change, just don't get bored,

but to the affected addict and alcoholic it appears to be an impossible task.

A friend can show the way from misery to happiness.

A Higher Power can guide the hopeless to a faith that is never boring.

Bored is being selfish, self-centered, arrogant, egotistical and "It is all about Me."

Healthy is being kind, being loving, being patient and tolerant, being forgiving and

being the person that your Higher Power wants you to be.

Today, try to do the will of your Higher Power, guaranteed not to be boring.

Today, find a friend who is never bored and be willing to follow the leader.

Get excited, know good feelings, laugh, and love

and be the person others seek to alleviate their boredom.

Happiness is helping someone help themselves.

.

ME and the Boss

.

.

.

.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment