Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Am What I Am

"Looking foolish
does the spirit good.
The need not to look foolish
is one of youth's many burdens;
as we get older
we are exempted
from more and more,
and float upward
in our heedlessness,
singing Gratia Dei
sum quod sum."
~ John Updike

Gratia Dei, sum quod sum.
Thank you God, I am what I am.






Today, be kind, be generous, share the love, be patient and tolerant of the foolish
and know that if you and they wish to , you can chose to outgrow the foolishness
by just becoming the person God wants you to be.

Body, mind and spirit, pray to your Higher Power to help you keep balance in your life
and you will avoid the foolishness of being extreme.

Body building, mind building, or spirit building are only good to the point where they
are in balance and they can better allow you to do the will of your loving Higher Power.

Today, do not become muscle bound, do not become intellectually stagnant,
do not become overly pious, just become the person your dog thinks you are.

Happiness is knowing I am what I am.

Michael_e

No comments:

Post a Comment