Friday, December 31, 2010

Why Now ?

 [IM000783.jpg]


Why not now?

I spent many years wondering
why things happened when they did.

What evil intentions did a Higher Power
have that I was not getting the things I wanted
when I wanted them.

The Pennsylvania Deutsch have a saying ,
"We grow to early oldt, and to late schmart."

The realization that I have no control over why now
and why not now is a very sobering thought.
I guess I'm getting older, but necessarily smarter.

The only clue that I may have some influence
on the outcomes of daily events is when I can
directly trace an action to a decision I was aware of.

The decision did not have to be my choice.


It could be the choice made by anyone in the world,
know personally by me or a person I may have never met.
(I never knew George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Einstein,
or the people who domesticated the chicken, but they all have
definitely impacted the world I live in today.)

It could have been any person who lived any time during the span
of time man has been on Earth.
.
What were the many decisions made by all my ancestors that resulted
in me being born to my parents?

How many decisions have I made that I will never understand the full
consequences of those choices?

How many decisions have I made that may take many generations
to have their impact become relevant?

What genes may be passed on?

Like I have a choice??

I guess I can't solve the problems of the future.

Best thing to do: Today, I will work on making the best right decision I can make
.
Best thing to do: I will accept that which has happened, is happening and/or may happen
                                  as being beyond my power to control.

Best thing to do: Laugh, Love and Live like there is no Tomorrow.

Happiness is helping someone help themselves .

Michael_e




..

No comments:

Post a Comment