Friday, October 19, 2012

Assumptions


.

I have the vanity,

pretentiousness,

the arrogance,

to believe that anything I say

is a fact or a statement

that should be taken

for granted as being true.

.

.

I assume that you know how important I think I am.

I assume that I know what your motives are.

I assume that I know the will of a Higher Power.

I should know that the more I assume, the more stupid I appear to be.

The only accurate assumption is that things will change.

"Sometimes, things are predictable to a definitive fact,
provided you do not let the arrogance of assumption
cloud your assuredness."                                                   ~ Carl Stoynoff

Today, I will assume that what I believe to be fact could be wrong.

"One of the prevailing sources of misery and crime is in the generally
accepted assumption, that because things have been wrong a long time,
it is impossible they will ever be right."                                                     ~ John Ruskin

Today, I will assume that things will change.

Today, I will assume that if I do the will of a Higher Power, things will be right.

Assume that everyone needs your kindness.

Assume that everyone deserves your unconditional love.

Assume that patience and tolerance will resolve conflict.

Assume that forgiveness will heal all wounds.

Assume that you can be the person your Higher Power expects you to be.

Happiness is not having to assume.

Happiness is helping someone help themselves.

.

ME and the Boss

.

.

.

.

..

No comments:

Post a Comment