Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fog


. The fog comes on little cat feet.
It sits looking over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.         ~ Carl Sandburg

Whether induced by drugs or alcohol,

by unhealthy obsessive behaviors,

by a dominating parent or spouse,

by low self esteem, by your boss at work

or by your best friend,

a fog that clouds ones thinking may exist

and you do not even know it.

The fog lets other people, places and things dictate the choices you make in your life.

"There are people who want to be everywhere at once,
and they get nowhere."                                                        ~ Carl Sandburg

Who to go with, where to go, and when to go, become the decisions that you cannot make

responsibly.

I'll have one more drink; the wife never misses me anyhow.

I'll take one more pill, the nap will do me good, the kids can find their own way home.

A coffee and a doughnut (or a half dozen) will calm my upset stomach,

I will start the diet tomorrow.

Mom will be mad at me if I don't go visit her today, I can reschedule the doctors appointment.

My husband will beat me for no reason at all.

My best friend wants to go shopping today, I have some food budget money that I can use.

"Nothing happens unless first a dream."

- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

Time is required to recognize the condition, time is required to let the fog lift,
 
and then it becomes the time to start growing up.

Change me, change myself and I change.

Mind, body and soul need to come out of the fog and see the light that is the will

of a Higher Power. A clear mind, along with the ability to hear and heed the advice

of friends and a healthy family, can allow you to make better choices.

A health body can give you the energy and the will to make better choices.

A happy soul, the Spirit of the Universe which is in you,

will do for you what you cannot do for yourself.

Be kind, be loving and be the person that your Higher Power wants you to be.

Pray to make your life clear of any mist or fog.

Meditate, remember to listen for the answer.

Happiness is seeing the fog lift.

Happiness is helping someone help themselves.

.

ME and the Boss
.
.
.
.
..

No comments:

Post a Comment